Highlighted actions: anti-inflammatory, vulnerary
The good stuff:
- Aids in healing any tears that may have occurred from childbirth
- Soothes the tissues within the vaginal canal & perineum
- Destroys any harmful bacteria that may be present, thereby reducing or omitting infection
- A deeply hydrating, relaxing soak for the new mom
- This is the perfect gift for a new mom. With herbs like yarrow, calendula, & marshmallow leaf this formula is deeply nourishing to the tissues, aiding in healing from the inside out. Yarrow is a powerful wound healing herb with the ability to slow down & decrease bleeding due to its tannin content, as well as relieve associated pain because of its flavonoids & phenolic acids. Combined with calendula, another herb renowned for its skin healing properties, this blend helps to heal wounds more rapidly, prevent suppuration & stagnation of fluids, modulate any local inflammation, & prevent bacterial overgrowth & infection.
This blend may be used in a peri bottle- simply boil 8oz of water, add 1 teaspoon of the herbal blend, cover, wait ten minutes, remove lid & let cool. Once cool you may strain the herbs & add your infused water to your perinatal bottle.
Conversely, you may add the herbs to your bathtub for a healing & relaxing postpartum bath.
Actions: relaxing nervine, antispasmodic, hypotensive, vulnerary, antimicrobial, antifungal, styptic, analgesic, demulcent, anti-inflammatory astringent
- ingredients: organic yarrow, organic marshmallow leaf, organic lavender, organic chamomile, organic calendula, and sea salt
- Comes as loose herb in a kraft paper bag
- Contains enough for 10 baths or 20 peri bottle uses
*This information has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. For educational purposes only.