Organic Pregnancy Tea - Nourish Your Reproductive Health Naturally - Enhance Digestion, Ease Tension, and Tonify the Womb
Highlighted actions: uterine tonic, nervine
The good stuff:
- Tonifies & strengthens the tissues within the uterus
- Full of magnesium, potassium, calcium, vitamins & minerals
- Increases the enzymes within the digestive system, therefore aiding in digestion
- Eases the nerves & muscle tension within the body
- A 1998 study found that pregnant women who consumed red raspberry leaf tea had shorter labor, less chance of preterm or posterm bleeding, and less chance of c-section, forceps, artificial rupture, or vacuum birth. Red raspberry leaf contains tannins which may contribute to its ability to strengthen & tighten the tissues within the uterus, as well as quercetin which acts as an anti-inflammatory, therefore cooling any inflamed tissues within the body. For these reasons red raspberry makes up the bulk of this tea blend, alongside herbs known for their affinity for the nerves, such as skullcap & oatstraw. Lemon balm is added for its ability to balance hormones while simultaneously easing anxiety, & ginger root & dandelion are two herbs that will aid the digestive process by increasing the enzymes needed for better absorption, as well as help to relieve gas, bloating, & indigestion (all too common ailments during pregnancy!). This formula is then rounded out with marshmallow leaf, which contains a high amount of iron & pectin, which may lower blood glucose concentrations, while also providing mucilage to any dry tissues within the body.
constituents : volatile oils, sesquiterpenes, gingerols, lipids, triterpenes, sterols, flavonoids, polysaccharides, potassium, calcium, vit A, C, B, E, magnesium, minerals, iron, polyphenols, pectin, tannins, salicylic acid, saponins, resins, amino acids, phenolic acids
Precautions: may potentiate the effects of sedative & anticoagulant drugs, take with caution if you have thyroid problems, best consumed after the second trimester of pregnancy.
Actions: demulcent, emollient, diuretic, anti-inflammatory, expectorant, antifungal, astringent, diaphoretic, uterine tonic, alterative, antioxidant, antispasmodic, emmenagogue, styptic, febrifuge, galactagogue, carminative, nervine, antidepressant, antimicrobial, rubefacient, analgesic, anodyne, vulnerary
- Ingredients: organic red raspberry leaf, organic oatstraw,organic dandelion, organic skullcap, organic marshmallow leaf, organic ginger root, organic lemon balm
- Comes as a loose herb in a kraft paper bag
- Contains enough for 30 or 90 cups of tea
*This information has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. For educational purposes only.